Subscribe in a reader

20110415

Vinux on a Cell Phone? Whats the need

I wrote this in email form to the Vinux email list. Vinux is a Ubuntu customization of Linux for the blind with automatic starting of screen readers and software which allow the blind to install, use and customize a Linux system by the blind independantly.

I know its been asked why isn't vinux on a phone or if it will be ported to a phone. I actually use an android tmobile comit and an apple iphone 4, which the android is a linux kernal phone with 3 screen readers on it, and ready availablity of the linux shell on the phone and the power that lays with in. and the iphone is actually a Unix based phone (did you ever think that would happen?) and with a simple software hack (jailbreak) you can have access to a power shell and hardware, for both phones.

which leaves me to the question, why would vinux be needed on the phone when we have access to the linux kernal and the darwin unix kernal already on accessible phones for the blind?

Remember I respect and value your comments, feel free to call or email me. email me at TheBlindTech at the g mail service and or call me at (623) 565-9357 I'll be glad to chat with you and listen to what you enjoyed or hated. - Thanks!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave on topic and fair comments related to the post you are commenting on. any other comments will be deleted and the user will be banned from commenting on this site. Thanks! - The BlindTech.

<< Home