I am, A proud Mac Owner
It’s about five in the morning, and I just got done watching the 1984 release of the original Macintosh computer. And have to admit was brought to tears. Tears, out of pride!
I’ve been a Mac user and an Apple user since before I went blind, then after increasingly losing my sight, used Mac OS 7 with Outspoken. (A screen reader for the earlier Macs)
After about OS 8, I dabbled here and there on Windows, of course dabbling in dos, writing code in GW Basic, and then in VB and then C++ and used Jaws for Windows (a windows screen reader) and Window eyes (another windows screen reader )and mastering such a simple child's operating system that was produced my M$ and then looking in to the never ending bug ridden and never ending world of Windows and its crashing daily and requiring a reboot every day at least 3 times.
And then of course once linux came to be usable by the blind, of course jumped on that and now run a Debian box as a backup server.
But my Mac is my pride and joy.
You ask, so why are you writing this BlindTech.
Because I am saddened by the nonbelievers of what we have as Mac users, (not only blind) but Mac users in general.
I watched the 1984 Mac release with a sense of pride, joy and laughter in my heart, I am a Mac owner, and now am a Mac OSX 10.4.3 owner and a VoiceOver owner, the ground braking screen reader for the blind!!!!!
I’m telling you folks (blind) for us who use screen reading technology, the Mac is coming and coming hard, no longer will I be forced to use such a useless and bug ridden operating system or screen reading technology again. I have my Mac, and you see the pic of my hugging my Mac at blindtechs.net/? That is love baby, and I love my Mac. There is nothing! I mean nothing I have not been able to do on it. And you don’t want to get me started on the scary ass Windows pussies that clown the Mac and try to talk bad about it not even knowing what the hell they are talking about!!!!
Go ahead jaws users, win eyes users go ahead and stick in your own ways, cause when long horn comes out and you can’t keep up with the latest and greatest because your bug ridden crashing ass screen reader won’t read anything to you in this new fashion driven computer world! I will, with my Mac and VoiceOver!!!!
Now, want to know why I love my Mac?
No viruses, and don’t tell me no bullshit about “Oh, the reason why they don’t have viruses is because they aren’t popular” what a crock of an excuse. Macs have sold strong ever since the IMAC came out in 99 and if viruses were coming to plaig the Mac systems as they do with all the script kitties that windows has we would have had them already but we don’t.
No spy ware, why? Because The Macintosh operating system does not have the insecurities and piss poor underlying workings of an OS as windows does and it will never, now especially that we run a UNIX like platform.
And before anyone tries to claim the reason why I “HATE” windows as was told to me on an email list. I am A+ certified and network+ certified and I know the windows OS from 3.1 to 2003 server enough to get my MCSA/E if I had the money so yes, I understand it and that is the exact reason why I can’t stand it.
And by the way, I am a former Windows instructor/tech.
Any questions????
I’ve been a Mac user and an Apple user since before I went blind, then after increasingly losing my sight, used Mac OS 7 with Outspoken. (A screen reader for the earlier Macs)
After about OS 8, I dabbled here and there on Windows, of course dabbling in dos, writing code in GW Basic, and then in VB and then C++ and used Jaws for Windows (a windows screen reader) and Window eyes (another windows screen reader )and mastering such a simple child's operating system that was produced my M$ and then looking in to the never ending bug ridden and never ending world of Windows and its crashing daily and requiring a reboot every day at least 3 times.
And then of course once linux came to be usable by the blind, of course jumped on that and now run a Debian box as a backup server.
But my Mac is my pride and joy.
You ask, so why are you writing this BlindTech.
Because I am saddened by the nonbelievers of what we have as Mac users, (not only blind) but Mac users in general.
I watched the 1984 Mac release with a sense of pride, joy and laughter in my heart, I am a Mac owner, and now am a Mac OSX 10.4.3 owner and a VoiceOver owner, the ground braking screen reader for the blind!!!!!
I’m telling you folks (blind) for us who use screen reading technology, the Mac is coming and coming hard, no longer will I be forced to use such a useless and bug ridden operating system or screen reading technology again. I have my Mac, and you see the pic of my hugging my Mac at blindtechs.net/? That is love baby, and I love my Mac. There is nothing! I mean nothing I have not been able to do on it. And you don’t want to get me started on the scary ass Windows pussies that clown the Mac and try to talk bad about it not even knowing what the hell they are talking about!!!!
Go ahead jaws users, win eyes users go ahead and stick in your own ways, cause when long horn comes out and you can’t keep up with the latest and greatest because your bug ridden crashing ass screen reader won’t read anything to you in this new fashion driven computer world! I will, with my Mac and VoiceOver!!!!
Now, want to know why I love my Mac?
No viruses, and don’t tell me no bullshit about “Oh, the reason why they don’t have viruses is because they aren’t popular” what a crock of an excuse. Macs have sold strong ever since the IMAC came out in 99 and if viruses were coming to plaig the Mac systems as they do with all the script kitties that windows has we would have had them already but we don’t.
No spy ware, why? Because The Macintosh operating system does not have the insecurities and piss poor underlying workings of an OS as windows does and it will never, now especially that we run a UNIX like platform.
And before anyone tries to claim the reason why I “HATE” windows as was told to me on an email list. I am A+ certified and network+ certified and I know the windows OS from 3.1 to 2003 server enough to get my MCSA/E if I had the money so yes, I understand it and that is the exact reason why I can’t stand it.
And by the way, I am a former Windows instructor/tech.
Any questions????

1 Comments:
OMG, this made me laugh so hard! You enjoy that lilMac. If I could afford it, I'd have one too. And I too remember the old Outspoken screen reader for Macs. I can still hear it in my head... Graphic, icon. Graphic, icon, graphic, icon.
Post a Comment
Please leave on topic and fair comments related to the post you are commenting on. any other comments will be deleted and the user will be banned from commenting on this site. Thanks! - The BlindTech.
<< Home