angry disability professionals
I sit here pondering what caused this email from a friend of mine named Larry Wanger, he is a producer of a little in home podcast called disability nation and its located at http://disabilitynation.net.
Sir:
Please do me a favor. I appreciate you dislike certain people and, you are entitled to that. However, please do not use my blog to make comments about me or about other people. If you don't like my show or a topic I talk about you can say what you will; that's the purpose of the comments section. But, don't post shit just to post shit.
DisabilityNation, an Audio Magazine by and for People with Disabilities. Listen at http://www.disabilitynation.net
I met larry in late 2005 after he was interested in a mac, so being the cool tech guy I am, I offer to host him in my home to check out my accessible mac. he comes over and likes it some what and then buys one a couple months later. later down the road he hires me to design his little website and I do it for about two months, after realizing MR. Wanger was expecting a free 24-7 web designer I let him know unless more finances were going to come my way I could no longer continue to assist.
so he goes off and tries to do it himself, yet keeping the original layout of the site that I made for him and takes my company's name off the designed by tag and just totally skimps out on a respectable deal. ok, fine maybe he's got some issues or something.
so moving on from 2006, in 2007 after letting him know I was at one time in the recording industry for a couple of years and he realizing I had great knowledge not only in tech but in recording, he asked for advice on how to make his little home studio more pro.
I mean come on he was using a "Snow Ball" little usb mic, sound was good but he couldn't handle a level board to save his life. so after feeling bad for him, I thought that maybe I didn't use that machie mixing console that I had sitting on my desk so I sold it to him and took him to radio shack and told him what accessories to buy for it. he was generally happy and now sounds allot better.
its funny but Larry has been very contemptual on admitting he looks to me as a helper for him in tech, mac computers or recording.
when he was looking for a recording package to record his little podcast on, he asked what to use, I told him sound studio, he had no clue was compressing was, levels, formats or anything, yet he claims to be formally involved in radio advertizing or operations or some thing to that affect. but don't all blind people dream of that? Poor Larry.
well, after rambling on I'll post this email at the top of the message and let you to decide to read the background on larry.
but why is he so angry?
Sir:
Please do me a favor. I appreciate you dislike certain people and, you are entitled to that. However, please do not use my blog to make comments about me or about other people. If you don't like my show or a topic I talk about you can say what you will; that's the purpose of the comments section. But, don't post shit just to post shit.
DisabilityNation, an Audio Magazine by and for People with Disabilities. Listen at http://www.disabilitynation.net
I met larry in late 2005 after he was interested in a mac, so being the cool tech guy I am, I offer to host him in my home to check out my accessible mac. he comes over and likes it some what and then buys one a couple months later. later down the road he hires me to design his little website and I do it for about two months, after realizing MR. Wanger was expecting a free 24-7 web designer I let him know unless more finances were going to come my way I could no longer continue to assist.
so he goes off and tries to do it himself, yet keeping the original layout of the site that I made for him and takes my company's name off the designed by tag and just totally skimps out on a respectable deal. ok, fine maybe he's got some issues or something.
so moving on from 2006, in 2007 after letting him know I was at one time in the recording industry for a couple of years and he realizing I had great knowledge not only in tech but in recording, he asked for advice on how to make his little home studio more pro.
I mean come on he was using a "Snow Ball" little usb mic, sound was good but he couldn't handle a level board to save his life. so after feeling bad for him, I thought that maybe I didn't use that machie mixing console that I had sitting on my desk so I sold it to him and took him to radio shack and told him what accessories to buy for it. he was generally happy and now sounds allot better.
its funny but Larry has been very contemptual on admitting he looks to me as a helper for him in tech, mac computers or recording.
when he was looking for a recording package to record his little podcast on, he asked what to use, I told him sound studio, he had no clue was compressing was, levels, formats or anything, yet he claims to be formally involved in radio advertizing or operations or some thing to that affect. but don't all blind people dream of that? Poor Larry.
well, after rambling on I'll post this email at the top of the message and let you to decide to read the background on larry.
but why is he so angry?
Labels: blind, disability, larry wanger, podcast, poor larry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave on topic and fair comments related to the post you are commenting on. any other comments will be deleted and the user will be banned from commenting on this site. Thanks! - The BlindTech.
<< Home